Slow Cooker Jambalaya
Jambalaya is the perfect American dish that can be served on a date night, on birthdays or even for the family get together.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hours
- 8 ouncessmoked vegan sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces seitan, cut into cubes
- 28 ounce diced tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- In a crock pot heat the oil.
- Fry the garlic, onion for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and toss for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the bell pepper, sausage, thyme, miso paste, oregano, seitan and Cajun dressing.
- Stir well and pour in broth.
- Cover and cook for about 2 hours on low heat.
- Serve hot with bread. Garnish with parsley.