Moroccan Pumpkin Beef Tagine
The wonderful blend of beef, almonds, coriander, garlic and honey! A perfect traditional dinner recipe to impress your guests!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 2.5 hours
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1kg beef chuck steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 cups beef stock
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, seeded, coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup (85g) toasted whole almonds
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Steamed couscous, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Take a tagine, heat the olive oil.
- Fry the beef for 10 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Pour the remaining ingredients to the tagine one by one.
- Give it a good stir.
- Cover with lid and turn the heat to medium low.
- Cook for about 2 hours.
- Serve hot.