Lamb and Apricot Tagine
Lamb goes really well with the ingredient apricot, the sweetness of apricot and the spicy red chili works miracle for this dish.
You can omit the yoghurt while serving this dish as it taste fine with only rice or bread.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
• 8 lamb forequarter chops, trimmed
• 1/4 cup plain flour
• 400g can crushed tomatoes
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 zucchini, thickly sliced
• 2 tsp ground coriander
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 tbsp honey
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp ground ginger
• 1 red chili, sliced
• 3/4 cup dried apricots, chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped coriander
• Yoghurt, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. Place the lamb into a zip bag and add flour to it.
3. In a tagine, heat the oil and fry the lamb for 5 minutes in batches.
4. Transfer the lambs into a plate.
5. In the same tagine fry the onion, garlic, chili, cumin and coriander.
6. Toss for 2 minutes and then add in the lamb.