Coronation chicken salad
Coronation Chicken is your heaven with the walnuts, almonds and the celery, in addition the mayo does the trick! It tastes super good in the mouth and makes you completely full.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 400g (13 oz) cooked chicken breast,
- 4 celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons low-fat natural bio yoghurt
- 150g (5oz) brown rice
- 4 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 red pepper, cored, deseeded and diced
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 100g (3 1/2 oz) apricots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 50g (2 oz) flaked almonds, toasted
- Dice the chicken and set aside for now.
- In a pot cook the rice with salted water.
- Drain and let it cool down.
- Add the onion, red pepper and celery to the rice.
- Combine the mango chutney, curry paste, yoghurt and mayo into a bowl.
- Add the chicken pieces to the rice mixture.
- Add the mayo mix to it and toss well.
- Add in the apricots, almonds into it.
- Serve immediately.