Coconut Buckwheat Porridge – Free Recipe
Coach Jacqui here today sharing with you a very easy coconut buckwheat porridge recipe.
It’s quick, easy and delicious.
And, as the days are getting colder there is nothing better than a warm bowl of goodness, which will warm you right down to your toes!
The ingredients are as follows:
- 1 cup Buckwheat
- ½-1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs raw honey
- 3-4 raw dates chopped finely
- 1/8 cup toasted shredded coconut
- Toppings of your choice
- Cook the buckwheat in water, depending on what brand you’ve got the cooking times may vary slightly, however, it’s usually 10-20 minutes.
- Once that is done add coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon and honey to the pot and boil again with a low heat. (I usually use about 3/4 cup of the coconut milk)
- While this is boiling begin to toast the coconut. It doesn’t need more than 2 minutes on low eat or you run the risk of it getting it burnt.
- Keep stirring whilst it simmers. Cover and let it slowly cook for 10 minutes, checking every few minutes to see if the porridge needs more liquid. At this stage, I added the toasted coconut.
Optional step – I blended the porridge slightly – you can leave it grainy or blitz it to your liking.
Scoop into a bowl and add any fruits, nuts or yogurt. I used toasted macadamias and walnuts, pear and some leftover coconut.
The next day I tried the porridge with the same nuts but topped it with plums (heated them up for a couple of minutes in the microwave) and added some Chiobani.
Tastes amazing warm or cold.
Jacqui ‘Buckwheat Banaza’ Chmura
P.S If you want any help with creating meals like this with your very own meal plan email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complimentary initial consultation.