Chicken Pot Pie
Pot Pies are such a yummy treat that whenever you make it, your loved ones would be wondering what is the special occasion that they have forgotten? This yummy recipe can be solely vegetarian if you just switch the chicken with mushroom, and the add plain flavoured broth.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can peas and carrots
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can whole new potatoes, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) package prepared double-crust pie pastry
- Start with preheating the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a skillet melt the butter and fry the onion with flour.
- Add salt and pepper to it.
- Toss for 5 minutes and take the skillet off the heat.
- Pour in the broth and the milk and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook for just a minute and take off the heat again.
- Add all the veggies to the broth mixture.
- Add the chicken to it.
- Take a pie pan and add one pie pastry at the bottom.
- Pour in the broth mixture.
- Cover with another pie pastry and seal the edges carefully.
- Bake into the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Let the pie cook down for 20 minutes, and then serve.